Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Look At Me

Now that it has been an entire year since my last blog post, I guess now would be a good time to update what seems to be my annual blog. First, I apologize for my neglect in the writing area. Over the last year I have had many good blogging ideas and even life updates that I should have posted but I seem to have a problem with organizing my ideas on paper (so to speak). So instead of sitting down and organizing my thoughts I tend to just let the idea pass away and leave my blog sitting idle. Now that school has started again I also feel extremely guilty sitting down and using my time to write for my own enjoyment rather than madly studying and preparing for upcoming assignments and exams. In fact I was studying for an upcoming test when I decided to take a break and do a quick browse of my five regular internet websites that create a ten minute distraction. One of them was the Shadow Snatcher blog where after reading the latest post on the blog I discovered that I had been tagged! I won’t describe that in more detail, assuming that any regular internet user is well acquainted with all the different types of tagging that is involved. In short I have to answer a list of questions. I decided this would be a good extended distraction from homework as well as an easy solution for a much overdue blog post.

1. What was the most dramatic moment in your life? I don’t know how I feel about starting out with such a difficult question. Coming up with an answer is difficult enough, but also deciding what falls under the definition of dramatic is going to take some serious thought. Probably getting my body cut open and I giant tumor removed. There, I made it sound dramatic, although it really wasn’t.

2. What do you hope to be doing in five years? Oh what could come in five years? That is such an exciting question to try and answer. Mostly because being graduated from college is what I look forward to the most right now. The crazy thing is that if all goes well I should be graduating in April!!! Currently I have no plans after graduation. When asked, I tell people that after graduation I will just enjoy the feeling of freedom for about six weeks and after my sixth week the panic will suddenly set in that I don’t know what to do next…and I will scramble from there. Honestly, in five years I hope to be married and focusing on a family. Wisdom tells me this is not really a goal I can plan on achieving (other than preparing myself), so I resign myself to fate in that respect. Otherwise I have a quaint little image of myself going somewhere completely new and maybe a little random, Kentucky or somewhere, and getting a small apartment and a job and just living. The idea of living alone really appeals to me. That may be a natural consequence of living with 25 different people in the last couple of years. (This includes my family and a whole slew of roommates). I might get a dog or cat and just enjoy living a quiet and routine life. I also would like to focus on long neglected hobbies and talents. I would love to take voice lessons and piano lessons!!!

3. Would you ever consider adoption? Why or why not? I definitely would consider adoption! I come from a home where my parents would never hesitate to help those in need, often inviting them into our home indefinitely. I have one adopted sister and we are currently in the process of adopting four more children into our family. Adoption is a wonderful thing! It gives children the opportunity to have a good home and family they belong to. I want to be a source of love that a child in need can turn to. I want to give them the chance to be loved and have a good home they may not have otherwise been able to have.

4. How has your life been different than you thought it would be? When I graduated from high school I really had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. College didn’t particularly appeal to me, but college is what you do after high school, so I went. It has been a life where it plays out as I go. I never had any set plans and yet things have gone well for me. I NEVER expected to come to BYU. This is a very positive unexpected life event that worked in my favor. I still marvel that I am here and almost graduated.

5. What leftovers are in your fridge right now? Leftovers? This is a sad question. My fridge is pretty bare. The only leftover I currently have is Macaroni Salad. It is a good left over for about the first two days (sadly this is day four) and it is getting kind of soggy and bland. Sound appealing?

6. Have you ever had a supernatural experience? Descibe it, please. Umm, no not really. Since this is a cop-out answer I will try to make up for it. There was one night in late fall when I was outside walking home to my house. We had a pit dug off of the porch. It was probably about six feet deep and maybe ten feet across, I was almost to the porch and was walking by the pit when I heard a long low growl. It was very eerie and I am sure it came from the pit. I forced myself not to panic and walked to the door. Light was shining out from the porch windows and I looked into the pit but I could see nothing. As I went to the door our young lab puppy had been sitting outside the front door and came running to me. I had tried to tell myself he had made the growling noise but when I saw him I knew there was no way that sound had come out of that tiny puppy. He didn’t seem extremely happy, I think he was cold, but he also did not act scared or excited about anything. I went and got a flashlight and shined it in the pit but I never saw an animal. The interesting thing is that there were two other members of my family that encountered “the growl” at different times on different areas of our property. Maybe it was only a wild animal (I can’t imagine what kind), or maybe it was something closer to the supernatural. I don’t know.

7. What is the most daredevilish thing you have ever done? Cop-out answer--I am not much of a daredevil. Honestly I cannot think of anything! I am adventurous but I have always been one that prefers safety to stupidity. I am not saying that being a daredevil is stupid, though they often seem to coincide. I have gone rockclimbing. Does that count?

8. How many fingers am I holding up? What??? This is a cop-out question!!!! I would say three unless this is a trick question and the questioner is holding up a child then it would be between 10 and 20…how am I supposed to answer this?

1 comment:

Vae Gannon said...

Good Heavens!!! A blog post?